Makerere university seems to be everyone’s pride and dream to study from however You may be dumbstruck why it’s always the talk of town as far as strikes, drama, academics and position is concerned. Currently holding 869th position in the world and 23rd in Africa. Xclusive Ug brings you 15 most popular people at Makerere University. Here is a full list of the unforgotten freedom fighters as well.
1. Bwowe Ivan. Former Guild President Makerere university and currently contesting for Buyamba Constituency in Rakai District. Having masterminded one of the bloody student demonstration against the 60% tuition policy, Ivan Bwowe’s name is unforgotten at MUK. Bwowe was suspended for two semesters by university council however his suspension was short lived after battling the university in courts of law and winning his way to top university post.
2. Bala David Bwiruka. Current Guild President Makerere University.
Bwiruka Bala David a.k.a Tiger sued the University and its electoral commission over his nullification from the guild race where he further contended a win after challenging the University with its Electoral Commission. This saw him rise to fame and take over the guild office.
3. Wabulembo Robin. Former President Private Students and an Activist.
Wabulembo Robin was once kidnapped by unknown goons as he was moving along Kampala streets around 12:30 pm. he was forced to enter a tinted car whose whereabouts by then remained unknown for a longtime. Wabulembo and Bashir Kamugo once beat police surveillance to stage a protest at Constitutional Square.
4. Lil Andy. The golden boy of makerere university from lumumba hall.
Lil Andy who doubles as a rapper is also remembered to have staged a long glowing feud with singer Mun *G for stealing his lyrics dubbed “Ani Aliko” however their beef lost corse. He is a common face at parties and events around Makerere university.
5. Bashir Med Kamugo. Former Culutural Minister Lumumba Hall and Currently Vying for LC3 Muluka 2 Makerere University (Marystaurt, Lumumba and Livingstone areas). Mr Bashir and Wabulembo Robin once beat police surveillance to stage a protest at the often heavily guarded Constitutional Square venue and got arrested shortly.
6. Falcao Mugarura Samuel. Interior Minister and a stanch Manchester United fan who hails from University Hall.
7. Professor Dumba Sentamu. He is the Current Vice Chancellor Makerere University and Former Principle at COBAMS, Board Of Directors and Chairman Centenary Rural Development Bank. He is faced with several unsuccessful attempts by students to throw him out of office for his unfavorable university policies.
8. Senyimba Rogers. Former GRC school Of Education ,Campus affairs Minister Private Students And Currently Vying For LC3 Councillor Muluka 1 Makerere University ( Complex Hall, MACOS zone, School Of Education and Law School area). He was one of those common faces during Makerere student strikes.
9. Aseru Sarah. Hails from Complex hall. She is a Former Guild Contestant in 2014/2015 and GRC school Of Psychology. She wanted to Contest against his father For Maracya County Constituency. She lost the guild race to Bwowe Ivan.
10. Adeke Anna Ebaju. She is Makerere University fourth female guild president. She also led a good term during her time in office as guild president.
11. Ndamwesiga Ian Ndam. Speaker Lumumba and Commonly known as MC Ndam.
12. Bernard Luyiga. The LC5 Councillor Makerere and former Chairman Lumumba Hall.
13. Namulindwa Stellah. Former Contestant in the Guild Race.
14. Mwine Musa. Also a former Contestant in the Guild race and lost to Bala David.
15. Sharif Nyazi. Attached to Micheal hall but hailed from Naalika mighty hostel Makerere university. He was a must participate face of all Muk strikes.