Uganda has confirmed five more positive cases of Coronavirus including 2 of the 6 Chinese that had escaped to Zombo.
This takes Uganda’s cases to 14.
For now the Chinese cannot be presented in court for fear of further spread, Primary Healthcare minister, Hon. Moriku Joyce said.
The new cases take the total to 14 altogether.
According to the ministry, the cases are; a Ugandan male (63), resident of Najjanankumbi who traveled from Germany, a Ugandan male (57) in salt trade. Never left the country but does business at Elegu border. He is isolated at Adjumani district.
Case 3 is an 8 months old child in Iganga whose father traveled from Kenya a week ago.
Cases 4 and 5 are two Chinese Nationals who had been under quarantinein Kampala but attempted to escape to DRC last week and were arrested in ZOMBO district.
They were 6, but 4 tested negative, the ministry announced.
New 8 cases of the deadly Coronavirus were confirmed on Monday in Uganda.
All cases were Ugandan nationals.
Minister of Health Jane Ruth Aceng further said all cases travelled on Ethiopian Airlines and Emirates flights from Dubai.
Six of the infected 8 were the at the airport with the other two tested from quarantine.
According to the minister, many others are expected to be positive and government is asking anyone who travelled from Dubai should voluntarily phone the health ministry for testing and quarantine.
The first case was on Friday night confirmed in Uganda.
The first confirmed case is a 36-year-old Ugandan male who arrived from Dubai on Saturday 21st March 2020 aboard Ethiopian Airlines at 2:00 am.