ITS nolonger rumor as Singer Robert Kyagulanyi commonly known as Bobi Wine come out to clarify on pseudo buzz on joining politics.
The “Specioza” singer revealed his intention of joining the 10th parliament. This comes months after court kicked out Kyandondo East MP Apollo Kantinti for lack of enough academic qualifications.
Read his lengthy Declaration
“Dear friends, my name is Kyagulanyi Ssentamu Robert also known as Bobi Wine, the Ghetto President. I am a husband and father, a singer, an activist, a businessman, a student, and most importantly a Ugandan. You have seen me grow up as a ghetto boy, hustling to survive from selling gnuts on the street to performing my music, and you have heard me speak out many times against the injustices that are poisoning our society today.
When I was a young boy, I admired the revolutionary President Museveni, especially his work between 1986 and 1996, but when I started seeing wrongs,I began thinking for myself. You have seen me criticize our government more and more over time, not because I completely disregard it, but because I think we deserve and can get better. I have been inspired by the likes of Elias Lukwago,Norbert Mao,Betty Nambooze and Dr. Kizza Besigye for their stand on issues like inequality and corruption. I have also been inspired by so many great minds here in Kyadondo East and across the nation who may not be famous, but their ideas can change our Uganda for the better.
It is for this reason that I am offering myself now as a servant of the people. Let it not be a rumour anymore. I am standing for Member of Parliament as an independent candidate.
I offer myself as a leader – a leader, not a politician. “Politician” has become a dirty word here in Uganda, and I know that by running for public office, I risk tarnishing my own name, but this is howmy leadership journey has evolved. I have spoken out many times about the need for youth to step up, and now here I am stepping up to take responsibility for the community where I live. This campaign is not about me needing a job; I have many jobs already. This campaign is about the demands of Ugandans right here in Kyadondo East; it is about what we can do together.
To the voters in Kyadondo East, I promise you this:
– I will represent a new generation of Ugandan leadership that serves with integrity and works hard to get things done.
– I will continue to gather community meetings and listen to the priorities of constituents, and bring these priorities to government.
– I will focus on building a better future for Uganda, which means standing up against bad governance and corruption, and concentrating on the needs of the youth.
– I will apply my academic background to educate myself about laws and policies, and I will share this information with my constituents in a way that is easy to understand and entertaining.
– I will use social media to share my experiences in parliament and I will strive to get Ugandans more engaged in politics and leadership in a fun and productive way.
– I will make decisions based not on affiliations but on facts, and I will honour the demands of my constituents no matter their religion, tribe, or political party. Whether rich or poor, every voice will matter, and the best ideas will win.
– I will work with anyone who has the ability and the heart to create positive change for our people, regardless of who they are or where they come from. I will act as a unifier, bringing people together to get our priorities straight and really implement the change we know we need in this country.
This is my solemn pledge to you. For God and my Country.
KYAGULANYI SSENTAMU-BOBI WINE
MP to be KYADONDO EAST CONSTITUENCY”