[Uganda, 19th October 2024] – Ashlei Watson, the internationally acclaimed beauty queen and philanthropist, embarked on her maiden voyage to Uganda, gracing the launch of the “Pivoting in Heels” coffee table book at Le Chateau in Kabalagala. The event celebrated the achievements of remarkable women in society, including Ashlei herself, and was attended by her mother and manager, Denise Jenkins, who is also the co-founder of the Ashlei Watson Foundation.
During her visit, Ashlei seized the opportunity to shine a spotlight on her ongoing work in Uganda, showcasing her compassionate side. Amid the challenging backdrop of the Covid-19 pandemic, she personally provided sustenance to impoverished single mothers in Kamwokya, funded by her own resources. She also collaborated with the Miss Uganda Foundation to ensure the success of this noble initiative.
Ashlei’s commitment to combating period poverty is another testament to her philanthropic spirit, having partnered with the Sheeba Karungi Foundation to distribute menstrual hygiene products to underprivileged girls. This gesture is instrumental in enabling these girls to pursue education and follow their aspirations.
Moreover, Ashlei joined forces with the Acts Fund to offer mental health training to 2500 teachers in Kampala. This collaborative effort, organized by the Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA), equips educators with vital tools to support the mental well-being of their students.
- Advertisement -
Her connection to Uganda took a deeper root when a DNA test traced her ancestral origins to the country. Eager to make a positive impact, Ashlei leverages her beauty crowns and platforms to bring empowerment and upliftment to Ugandan communities through the Ashlei Watson Foundation.
The Ashlei Watson Foundation employs a versatile approach to achieve its impactful goals, including mentorship, poetry sessions, motivational talks, inspirational training, Biblical Faith, and financial literacy resources. The foundation also conducts anti-bullying campaigns, with an emphasis on combatting cyberbullying, school bullying, and workplace bullying. Additionally, it focuses on educating young women about self-care practices, promoting self-love, and holistic well-being.
Recognizing the immediate need to empower the youth and women, especially concerning their emotional, economic, and mental health, the Ashlei Watson Foundation strives to inspire individuals to overcome obstacles and reach their full potential.
Goals and Objectives:
- Empower women and youth economically by providing financial literacy resources, business development opportunities, and entrepreneurship training.
- Raise awareness about mental health through workshops, seminars, and support groups offering coping strategies, stress management techniques, and mental wellness resources.
- Combat bullying through anti-bullying campaigns, awareness programs, and resources for educators and victims.
- Educate young women on self-care practices, emphasizing self-love, mindfulness, and holistic well-being of the mind, body, and soul.
- Develop and implement mentorship programs connecting successful women mentors with aspiring young women.
- Organize poetry sessions, motivational talks, and inspirational training sessions to empower participants and enhance self-belief.
- Collaborate with local schools, organizations, and communities to execute anti-bullying campaigns and promote awareness.
- Conduct workshops and training sessions on financial literacy, covering budgeting, saving, investing, and initiating businesses.
- Provide educational programs and resources on mental health, ensuring access to coping mechanisms, support systems, and professional assistance.
Ashlei Watson’s inaugural visit to Uganda marks the initiation of an exciting journey to uplift and empower the youth and women of Uganda. Through her unwavering dedication and the initiatives of the Ashlei Watson Foundation, a brighter and more empowered future is on the horizon.