The president of the Republic of Uganda and Commander in Chief of the Uganda Peoples’ Defence Forces H.E Yoweri Museveni has approved the retirement of 110 General Officers and Senior Officers from the UPDF.
They include former IGP Gen Kale Kayihura.
Altogether, 11 Generals and 99 Senior Officers from the rank of Major to Colonel will be retired.
Among General Officers who will retire on the 31st of August 2023 in Batch 13A include:
- Advertisement -
S/No ARMY No RANK NAME
- RO/00513 GEN KALE KAYIHURA
- RO/01567 LT GEN JAMES NAKIBUS LAKARA
- RO/00072 MAJ GEN SAMUEL WASSWA MUTESASIRA
- RO/01461 MAJ GEN JOSEPH AROCHA
- RO/02000 MAJ GEN DAVID K WAKAALO
- RO/01380 BRIG GEN AUSTINE KASATWOOKI KAMANYIRE
- RO/01435 BRIG GEN STEPHEN OLUKA
- RO/02855 BRIG GEN FRANK KATENDE KYAMBADDE
- RO/02909 BRIG GEN EMMANUEL KWIHANGANA
- RO/07175 BRIG GEN WILSON MUHABUZI
- RO/07698 BRIG GEN HAM ATWOKI KAIJA
Batch 13 B will accommodate others not catered for in this batch.
“We appreciate the services of the Officers to their country while in active service and wish them good luck in their retirement,” UPDF said in a statement.