KANUNGU –Police in Kanungu district are investigating the circumstances surrounding the alleged electrocution death of a 23-year-old chapati maker.The deceased is Turyatunga Jonah a resident of Rutwe cell, Kihihi ward, Kanungu district.According to ASP Elly Maate, the Kigezi region police spokesperson, the incident occurred on 23/10/2023 at around 06:00 hrs in Rutwe village, Kihihi town council, Kanungu district. The deceased, while attempting to connect live power for his daily chapati-making work, accidentally touched a live wire, resulting in electrocution and immediate death.Maate informed our reporter that the police received information from Justus Barekye, and they quickly responded to the scene. They recorded statements, retrieved the body, and transported it to Kihihi Health Center IV for a postmortem examination. Subsequently, the body was handed over to the deceased’s relatives for a proper burial.Maate further disclosed that an inspection by the Uganda Electricity Distribution Company Limited (UEDCL) is pending to determine whether the power connection was legal or illegal. The case has officially been registered at Kihihi police station under reference number CRB 344/2023.