In a bid to boost water supply reliability along Entebbe road, NWSC Entebbe area is carrying out system upgrade works at its pumping Station in Namulanda.
The intervention when completed will boost water levels at the Akright reservoir, and subsequently boost water supply to Akright city and the neighbouring villages.
- Advertisement -
- Upgrading the existing pump sets to deliver a combined volume of water, from 90,000 litres per hour to 195,000l/hr.
- Upgrade the current pumpage line of 6inch to 10 inch, to deliver 150, 000l/hr from the newly reconfigured pump sets.
- The pump bases have been reinforced and fully cast. Pump reconfiguration works shall be completed by 21st October, 2023
•Fabrication of bends to incline the pump to the pipeline are ongoing
•Trenching works for the new pumpage line are ongoing.
- Pipe laying and installation of other fixtures shall be completed by 26th October 2023.
•Connecting of the pump to a newly laid transmission main shall be done by 30th October 2023
- Project Tests, and commissioning shall start on 30th October, 2023
Cognizant of the mushrooming developments, and demand for water services along Entebbe, the Government of Uganda through NWSC, with support from development partners are laying plans for the construction of the Kaazi water treatment plant.
The water treatment plant, upon completion will be a game changer, providing more clean water, to meet the demand along Entebbe road, Mpigi and the surrounding areas.
NWSC Is Committed to Clean Water and Sanitation for All.