Police in Kassanda have impounded Link bus registration number UBE 535h at Kigarama stage,m Myanzi subcounty Kassanda district.
Preliminary facts indicate on 17/10/2022 at about 0600/Link bus left Bundibugyo District with 58 passengers for Kampala,while on the way,the bus driver stopped the Bus at Kigarama Stage, Kigarama parish Myanzi subcounty Kassanda District and picked two passengers contrary to the guidelines issued by ministry of health against the fight of ebola.
The passengers were later identified as bus Inspectors one Mwesigwa Nelson together with his colleague Opio Samuel attached to Hopper Bus that wanted a short distance lift to mityana town.The bus was intercepted by our officers that were patrolling the highway .
The passengers were later identified as bus Inspectors one Mwesigwa Nelson together with his colleague Opio Samuel attached to Hopper Bus that wanted a short distance lift to mityana town.The bus was intercepted by our officers that were patrolling the highway .The Police Sited
- Advertisement -
3 suspects are in custody and relevant statements have been recorded
Exhibit linkbus UBE 535H has been recovered and currently parked at Myanzi police.
Case of neglect act likely to spread infectious disease to wit ebola has been registered.
Inquiries are on going.
President Yoweri Museveni placed Mubende and Kassanda districts under a 21 one day lockdown to curb Ebola.
The districts have been the hot spots of the deadly virus with 58 infections.
The presidential directives take effect immediately.
And here they are…
1. Movements into and out of Mubende, Kassanda is prohibited.
2. Movements from Kassanda and Mubende is prohibited!
3. Curfew in these two districts from 7pm- 6am.
4. Movement of persons within these respective districts is allowed only during the day.
5. Public transport, private transport and boda bodas are prohibited from moving in these two districts.
6. Only cargo vehicles, vehicles working under MoH on ebola and authorized government vehicles and security vehicles are permitted to move but shall not take people into and out of Mubende and Kassanda
These vehicles shouldn’t move between the 2 districts
7. Because Mubende and Kassanda are in the center of Uganda, transit vehicles (public and private) are permitted to move through Mubende and Kassanda but with police clearance and shall not be allowed to stop to pick and drop people in these two districts
8. Cargo trucks with only driver and 1 turn-boy shall be allowed to carry goods in these two districts and shall not be allowed to carry passengers
9. All cargo shall be delivered to the districts of Mubende and Kassanda during the day. Cargo trucks shall be allowed to leave by 5pm and shall not be allowed to sleep in these two districts. Anyone who sleeps in these two districts shall remain there until 21 days are finished
These trucks should be driven by non Mubendens and Kassandans
10. All seasonal markets in the two districts are suspended
11. The mines in these two districts shall remain open for the respective districts, with temperature checks in place
12. Schools should remain open and students allowed to move when in school uniform. Temperature checks should be monitored frequently
13. Any absence of a child or teacher should be reported to the health monitoring team
14. All teachers, students, etc. Who has had contact with an ebola case should stay at home.
15. All places of worship should remain closed.
16. All bars, places of entertainment, gyms, saunas in the two districts will remain closed
17. All burials whether burial or not shall be conducted by the ebola burial team. This will be after samples have been taken for analysis
18. Government shall intensity public health awareness, surveillance and contact tracing …
19. Enforce hand washing with soap in all public places and homes
20. MoH will mobilize 10 vans to transport health workers in these two districts
21. MoH will secure and deploy 20 ambulances from other districts to these two districts.
22. Health workers with vehicles shall be given permits to move within these districts